.

Monday, January 14, 2013

A White Christmas Dream Come True!



You would never believe it, but we had a white Christmas right here in North Texas!  This is SO rare!  I heard on the news that it is one of 3 times this has happened since they began records of this back in the 1800's!  I am quite certain that Claire now truly believes all the songs we sing and expects every Christmas to come with a blanket of white snow!  We shall see what next year will bring!

Leading up to the snow we had strong storms, thunder, high winds and even hail throughout the night on Christmas Eve and then when morning came it was as dark as night and the rain was pouring down.  With absolutely no natural light I was able to bust out my external flash and Gary Fong Diffuser for the first time since I made the switch from Canon to Nikon!  It sure did light up the room and while flash photography may not be my favorite, it sure did the job and captured all the memories I was hoping for on Christmas morning.

Okay, so we literally woke up before Claire...which NEVER happens!  We could hardly wait for her to wake up and come see what Santa had brought her.  I imagined her eyes opening wide, jaw dropping and running to the toys...however her reaction (which is caught on video) was more along the lines of turning the corner....looking confused....standing there....standing there some more....slowly inching forward and then FINALLY smiling and running right her new NEW CAR!

DSC_5677

She jumped right in and said, "Push me Daddy, push me!"
DSC_5686

Next we moved on to stockings and she got her Princess Peach pull back car which her and daddy have had lots of fun with on the wood floors!

DSC_5700

DSC_5706

More stocking gifts...this took a while since Santa wrapped them all...

DSC_5711

A break for our favorite breakfast, Rosevine Breakfast Quiche with fruit salad and Williams Sonoma's recipe for Strawberry Jam filled muffins!

DSC_5724

I will have to post the quiche recipe sometime, we LOVE it!

DSC_5727

Claire's new puppy dog!  
DSC_5746

Using her new stethoscope to hear her heartbeat...so cute!

DSC_5750

Don't forget puppy's heartbeat!

DSC_5752

Mommy got a new pair of TOMS!

DSC_5754

Becoming a pro at opening gifts and finding the "seam" to tear at!

DSC_5784

Claire playing with her new toys!

DSC_5811

While Claire napped the weather changed from rain to snow!  It could not have been more perfect!  Kevin and I were sooooo thrilled and could not wait to show her when she woke up!

DSC_5822

Coming outside just after waking up and feeling uncertain about the latest conditions...I think she was concerned why everything was white.

DSC_5830

First steps in the snow with Daddy!

DSC_5831

DSC_5833

It was sooooo cold!

DSC_5835

DSC_5839

What a way to spend Christmas!  It was picture perfect and we were so glad we were in town to enjoy the snow this year!

DSC_5843

DSC_5849

We even made a mini snow man!!

DSC_5997

It truly was a magical Christmas!  I wish we could do it all over again.  Why does it all have to happen so fast!?


0 Sweet Thoughts:

Post a Comment