Dear Baby Claire,
I truly can not believe it has been one year since I heard your first cry, held you for the first time and fell asleep next to you bundled in my arms. You are the most amazing gift God has ever given us and you have changed our life in so many ways. I never knew love like I love you. I never knew how much I would be willing to do for someone until I met you. You fill my days with so much love and so much joy. Oh how I wish I could hold onto these moments forever and never let them go. You grow and change DAILY. I can hardly keep up with all the new things you are doing lately. I can see how big and independent you are becoming and as much as I love to see you grow, I hurt knowing I am letting go of my baby girl. As I said a few months ago, I keep trying to hold onto you just like you are, but you keep growing and pulling me along with you. I never thought it would be this hard to see you grow. I just love you so much and every minute with you is such a gift from God.
I remember the night we brought you home you were crying and I was holding you, looking out the window into the dark night watching the snow fall outside. You were only about 6 hours old. What I wouldn't give to feel you that small in my arms again. How on earth did it happen soooo, sooooo fast? I'll never be able to tell you how much love my heart holds for you. It is truly immeasurable. I am so very thankful for you and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for you. Thank you Claire, for the best year of our lives.
We had a birthday party for you on Saturday and it was so much fun. Close friends and family came to celebrate your first year and give thanks for you and all that you have brought to our lives. I will post about that soon. I can only hope this next year doesn't go by so fast (although I am quite certain it probably will). Happy Birthday sweet Claire!






rss
pinterest
facebook


3 Sweet Thoughts:
Happy birthday to your darling one year old!
It's so amazing how fast time goes by...and so sad! Claire is an absolute doll and we love getting to see you guys every week!!
Jonna
It's so sad how fast they turn 1! She is seriously the cutest little girl.
Post a Comment