.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

When Life Takes off without you...



Sometimes it feels like life has taken off without me lately.  We spend so much time working that I have neglected many of the things that make me...me!  Do you know what I am talking about?  Here's a few examples I am sure many of you can relate to...


I used to love decorating the house for every holiday, this was the first year that Easter came and went without a single piece of decor!  


I used to be passionate about photography, now I occasionally pick up my camera only to find it covered in a thin layer of dust and I fumble around trying to remember how to navigate through all the menus I used to know so well.


I used to express myself and document my life in this blog, now I work all day and feel like I have nothing other than work itself to write about.


I used to enjoy a clean, if not at least organized house.  Now the mail piles up on the counter and I don't have time to open it until Saturday.  Then if I'm lucky after planning meals, grocery shopping, paying bills, etc. maybe the floors will get vacuumed!  


I used to really enjoy putting out fresh mulch each spring, planting a few new flowers and trimming the rose bush...that just did not happen this year and I really miss it.  It makes me sad when I see the garden and remember that I chose to neglect it this year because I was just too tired to get it all together.


It's funny how these little things make us who we are and fill our hearts with happiness and joy!  I can't wait to get back to that again. :-)  I know I will, and I hope it will be sooner than later!

July 1st will mark the one year anniversary of Kevin and I starting his Chiropractic Practice.  I have learned so much this past year.  While I may feel overworked and overwhelmed, I have grown in so many ways and changed too.

In the past year I have fallen in love with Kevin all over again as I see our dreams of working together and owning this business unfold.


I have learned to be patient and trust in God, even more than I did before.


I have spent nearly every hour of every day with my husband and I love him even more because of it.  I LOVE working with him and even though it sounds silly I would miss him if we weren't together as much as we are, aka "all the time"!  He is truly my best friend and soul mate.


While I may have lost the time for some of my old passions, I recently discovered a new one!  While doing our 21 day cleanse I fell in love with cooking!  I used to love baking, but cooking was just a chore.  Now cooking is something I look forward to everyday!  I love cooking with new seasonings and experimenting with new veggies and other flavors!  I am baking Kevin a homemade chocolate cake with homemade fudge frosting for his birthday!  I can hardly wait!!!  ---I obviously still have my love for baking too! 


In this next year of business I hope to be wiser and use the experience we have gained to better navigate through all the endless decisions that we are continually faced with.  I hope that we will expand and grow so that we can have confidence that this path we have chosen can support us in the present and future they way that we need it to.


I hope to spend more time with friends, to visit family, to entertain more often, to use my camera more often, to blog more and to stop and enjoy life here and there along the way!


Starting and owning our own business has really taken it out of me over the past year.  Let's be honest, I am not good at change, even good change.  Change is difficult for me.  I feel like I have been balancing a juggling act the past 11 months, and maybe, just maybe I am starting to get the hang of it now and hopefully I can keep it all going and go back to some of the simple pleasures in life that I love so much and have nothing to do with work!

Hope to write again soon...sorry for the extended absence!

2 Sweet Thoughts:

Faith said...

Oh girl, everything you wrote about that has changed over the past year I can SO relate to. It's hard to keep up, isn't it?! I'm glad that y'all are doing well and staying busy, and I completley understand...I miss you blogging though!

Dustin & Kate said...

The way you and Kevin have thrown yourselves into your new business 110% is very admirable! Not many people are as gutsy, determined, and passionate as you guys are! I hope that the second year of your business will be a little calmer so that you can both start enjoying some of the simple things in life again. But don't be too hard on yourself for "neglecting" your yard, blog, camera, etc. - I think you guys are amazing!

Post a Comment